Menu

Help! Talent show/Christmas program ideas

Excelsior! Academy

We have a dear couple we know that are now residents of a local assisted living center.  The center is fairly upscale and they book semi-professional acts occasionally.  The sweet couple suggested our children, which are no where near semi-professional.  Really, we are just a family with a bunch of kids.  We did do a performance for a tiny amount of $ last year.  This year they have asked us back.  Unfortunately, I am not sure the woman booking us knows the situation.  I have no problem having the kids sing or do a few skits, but am not wanting to go under false pretenses.  I think I might call back and explain that we are willing, but are in no way professional or even attempting to be.  If they still want us....what can we do?  We only have a couple of weeks to prepare.

Last year we caught the chicken pox and didn't preform until spring.  We did a songs from previous talent shows the children had been in and a few Christmas songs in both Latin and English.  One dd played a quick song on the piano. 

A song or two on the piano and a couple of songs are all I can think of.  Anyone have any humorous or audience participation things?  They don't have to revolve around a Christmas theme.  Just fun for children/teens and the elderly.