Menu

Science and History for PreK

Guest shloopymama

Guest shloopymama

I'm not necessarily looking for formal curriculum.  I'd simply like to expose DD to science and history. This can be via reading, unit studies, etc.  However, I'm having difficulty finding something that will fit.  I've checked out ES for K but it seems too workbook-y.  I've only found SOTW for history. 

Any other suggestions, recommendations,etc?  

Thank you.

Rather than the ES pre-k/kindy books, you may want to consider their Sassafrass series - I think it's called the "living book" series on their website. They're meant as storybooks.

What we're doing for science pre-k is a combination of Magic School Bus kits and demonstrations from the books Science in Seconds for Kids and Nature in a Nutshell, both by Jean Potter.

Not doing history yet, but we are doing map skills and map puzzles.

We are doing Little Otter's Science - http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/science/little_otters_science/little_otters_science.html for my Pre-K and K kids.

We are doing geography by watching a video about families in a different foreign country each week, supplementing with library books, coloring a map and flag of the country, etc. (You can get unit studies for this, but we just do our own plan with library videos/books and free printables I find around the internet). We will probably do a prehistory study this year too before we start SOTW next year.