Menu

Day camp abroad? (For language exposure)

DS has really taken to learning French and we are going to Europe next summer anyway. What I am wondering is whether immersion day classes would exist for a week or three. I know Sorborne has a program but I do not think it's for children(I looked into it for myself a few years ago). Enrolling him in a program for French kids would not do because he is not that proficient. Any ideas for me? If we just do the tourist thing it will be great fun but he will be with me, speaking English the whole time. Thanks everyone.

Moma2three, I have not received many suggestion other than umsami's kind post above, but i found something promising after weeding through the internets. I am sending you a PM. Thanks.

Thanks!

This year my kids are all old enough for day camp... and the price is crazy!  I thought "I'd rather use that money on plane tickets..." since our family is all abroad.  And if I'm doing that, we might as well all meet up someplace new, and maybe try to get the kids some language classes.  I'd really like to try French, because French is the only foreign language that I know... not anywhere near fluent, but I've spent time there and know enough to get around and ask directions and go to a store.

Not really a day camp, but I did this 13 or so years ago and it was fun and interesting. My French definitely improved. At one time, they used to have a language camp so they were very good at encouraging only French.  I have no idea if they accept kids/families, but it was a fun immersion experience.  Even got to explore an old Roman aquaduct.  If they don't accept families, they might know of things in the south of France.

http://www.sabranenque.com/eng/index.html