Menu

s/o Business names?

DragonFaerie

I really like the idea of becoming a virtual assistant (thanks, y'all!).  I've been looking into it a great deal, and I think I'm ready to move forward with it.  Sadly, I'm stuck on the very first step.  I need a business name.  I know I can always work as myself, but I think setting it up as a business is much more professional.  I don't really want to use my last name because nobody can spell it correctly.  I could use my maiden name, maybe.  I'd have to talk to my folks about that, I think.  I thought about using my town name, but that's incredibly boring. LOL   I'd love to come up with something more interesting, professional but still creative.  And preferrably something for which I can get a domain name, too.  Thoughts?  Ideas?

Glad the VA idea resonated with you!  :)

As for your business name, I would start by answering the following questions and then brainstorm names that capture either the market you serve, their needs, or some combination thereof:

• Who is your target market? Do you plan to specialize in support for Real Estate companies (as mentioned in your previous post), or is your market broader than that?
  • What are your potential clients' urgent needs?  
  • Which results are likely most important to your potential clients?
  • What are the benefits your clients will experience as a result of working with you?  Think beyond tangible benefits to intangible benefits like peace of mind, etc.