Menu

geometry on transcript

She will have covered a lot of Geometry in her Saxon books, I would think you could take her grade from that and combine it with some online tests or quizzes, or just give her a grade based on her chapter assignments. Alternatively you could list her courses as integrated math 1, integrated math 2, etc. for the Saxon and Geometry. Really you can assign grades and course titles however you want, but I would indicate in some way that Geometry has been covered.

I would just finish up whatever she hasn't covered using the McGraw text.  She will need geometry for her later math courses so I would definitely have her finish. You could also use Khan Academy - free and covered by subject.

As far as the transcript goes:  if she completed geometry between 9th and 12th, you should put it on there.  The unis want to see what the student has done in those 4 years.  If she completes it before 9th, you have a couple of options.  Either don't list it at all and the colleges will assume she did it early because of her advanced math, or have a separate listing area where you add typical high school courses that were completed earlier.

All of my boys did algebra 1 earlier than 9th.  One son did most of his geometry earlier but finished in 9th while working in algebra 2.  None of the colleges we've applied to want to see anything before 9th so I just don't list anything whether it was high school level or not.  I think private colleges might be more interested in high school level coursework done before 9th.