Menu

My serious yet clueless boy

Scarlett

He is getting high school credit this year. This is new for him....in his previous 7 years he has worked a mastery based program. So I am talking to him about his grades.....3 As and a B...and how he can bring his B up to an A and how to keep the other As up.

Dead serious he says, " so what is the advantage of getting As?"

I'm sure a lot of homeschooled kids wonder the same thing! I think it's different when they go to school because of the competition for high grades, but I can definitely understand a homeschooled kid not quite grasping the concept until he realizes his grades will be important for getting into college.

I'm sure a lot of homeschooled kids wonder the same thing! I think it's different when they go to school because of the competition for high grades, but I can definitely understand a homeschooled kid not quite grasping the concept until he realizes his grades will be important for getting into college.

Yes I did explain that to him after a moment of confusion on my part....and later mom reminded me that one should strive for As in order to do your best. Forehead slap. Oh yeah!