Menu

Magic Bullet or something else...

jenn-

I have two.  I like this one that I bought a couple years ago http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DZ6V36/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

better than the other one though they both work well (I use it for making bulletproof coffee every morning, and yesterday those LC pancakes)

Eta, well that's the link from my amazon account of the one I bought but from the reviews it sounds like there was some funny business with what was actually being sent out recently... Let's see... I also have the white Tribest one but I have more trouble opening the thing after blending (the heat in my coffee makes a vacuum seal or something LOL).  They both work, that's all I can say.

FWIW, if you want to blend ice, you'd want something with a more heavy duty blade like a mini-food processor.

I have two.  I like this one that I bought a couple years ago http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DZ6V36/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

better than the other one though they both work well (I use it for making bulletproof coffee every morning, and yesterday those LC pancakes)

Eta, well that's the link from my amazon account of the one I bought but from the reviews it sounds like there was some funny business with what was actually being sent out recently... Let's see... I also have the white Tribest one but I have more trouble opening the thing after blending (the heat in my coffee makes a vacuum seal or something LOL).  They both work, that's all I can say.

FWIW, if you want to blend ice, you'd want something with a more heavy duty blade like a mini-food processor.

I was making the low carb pancakes this morning and was thinking something like this would be much better for only 1 person's serving size.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a Farberware one I picked up at Walmart for $20.   It comes with a bunch of cups and lids and works great for my morning bullet proof coffee or DH's smoothies...

I am always at Walmart so I might have to pick this one up if the Magic Bullet I am getting from my mom is a bust.  I was hoping she might still have the one my sister bought YEARS ago and she does.

I wouldn't buy a Magic Bullet again.   Mine was a leaky mess because the gaskets don't last very long.  

I vaguely remember this being a complaint.  How long do you think they lasted?  I have access to a free one, so I think I am going to start there unless it is just completely unusable. 

I love the Ninja.  I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Kitchen-System-Blender-Cookbook/dp/B005Y1SAA2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378410539&sr=8-2&keywords=ninja+pulse

I didn't spend that much though.  I got mine at Bed, bath, and Beyond and used a 20 percent coupon.  I think I spent a little under 80.

I love that is comes with three cups, so I can make individual smoothies and drink right out of the cup...less cleaning.  Comes with the bigger container too.  I've had it about a year and half now and it's going strong.  Highly recommend!

I love the Ninja.  I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Kitchen-System-Blender-Cookbook/dp/B005Y1SAA2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378410539&sr=8-2&keywords=ninja+pulse

I didn't spend that much though.  I got mine at Bed, bath, and Beyond and used a 20 percent coupon.  I think I spent a little under 80.

I love that is comes with three cups, so I can make individual smoothies and drink right out of the cup...less cleaning.  Comes with the bigger container too.  I've had it about a year and half now and it's going strong.  Highly recommend!

That one looks nice and fancy, but definitely out of the budget for now.

Mine is an Oster. I think it works with most standard blenders.

ETA: Here's a recent thread.

Ah.  Thanks for the link.  I was definitely scratching my head with how this would work.  Of course my blender top is in the dishwasher getting clean right now, so I cannot go and see if it would work.