Menu

Moving to Suffolk, VA at the end of the month

My husband finally got a job in Virginia, and he starts on Tuesday working for the city, and the kids and I are moving down at the end of the month. (from MI)  Not quite sure where we're going to live. There aren't a lot of houses to rent in our price range, so we'll see what's still out there in 2-3 weeks.  So I was looking over the HEAV website and the Vahomeschoolers.org page and it was kind of hard to find support groups.  I know there's a ton down there.  A lot of their websites led to yahoo groups and I can't tell if the groups are active or not. 

I just wanted to say Hi to all the area folks :) And, what homeschool groups do you recommend we check out?  We're looking for something inclusive.  Doesn't necessarily have to be secular, but we're fairly liberal, don't want to sign a SOF or anything.  Along those same lines, anyone have any recommendations for a non-conservative evangelical-type church in the area?  (I personally prefer Episcopal, but hubs and kids aren't sure if they're ready for that switch.)

Ohhhh, I'm jealous.  Definitely head down to OBX when you get a chance!  We're up in northern New England but vacation down there every year.  Definitely check out the Chrysler Museum when you get a chance. . .also the museums in the area belong to the North American Science group so if you have a membership in your original home state you'll have access to a number of  museums in the area.  My kids really enjoyed a lot of the museums and we really liked the aquarium in Manteo too.  It's small but well put together.

Ohhhh, I'm jealous.  Definitely head down to OBX when you get a chance!  We're up in northern New England but vacation down there every year.  Definitely check out the Chrysler Museum when you get a chance. . .also the museums in the area belong to the North American Science group so if you have a membership in your original home state you'll have access to a number of  museums in the area.  My kids really enjoyed a lot of the museums and we really liked the aquarium in Manteo too.  It's small but well put together.