Menu

Another Craigs List quandry...

GSOchristie

I found a pretty good deal for a Rose Petal cottage for my little girl on CL.  I emailed the lister, told her I might be interested if it was available (it was), and I told her I would ask DH.  I forgot about it and she emailed me last week with a lower price offer.  I told her if I could sell the items I already had for it (washer, sink, bassinet, changing table), I would buy her whole set.  I listed my stuff, sold it and arranged to pick up her set tonight.  DH came home with it and it was missing the bassinet and the changing table.  He called her and she said that she had not meant to include those two items, she had originally listed it for $125 and had meant to remove those items when she relisted it.  Hmmmm, only she did list it with those items, and not only that, she included pictures of the items.  This might not have been as big of a deal if I hadn't sold my bassinet/changing table in anticipation of getting a new one.  She acted like she didn't want to give it to us.  DH feels sort of bad, even though he said she lived in a huge house in a very fancy part of our city.  So it's not like she's a destitute mother trying to feed her kids by selling her playhouse.  AND he had to drive 45 minutes to pick it up.  So what would you do?  I go to CC in that part of town every Tuesday, so I could easily pick it up, but she didn't offer to do it tomorrow.  She said she would have it out by next Tuesday, and I could just pick it up.  Would you let it go?  Buy a new bassinet separately?  

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/bab/3935214297.html

Here is the listing.

The other thing was if I listed something mistakenly, and someone drove 45 minutes to my house to pick it up, I certainly would not be trying to get out of giving them their item.  DH kind of got the vibe that she really didn't want to do it, and that perhaps she was putting him off, so I just don't know what to do if she doesn't leave it out for me next week.  I wished he would have looked at the listing to know exactly what he should have been getting, grrr.

So do you think I should just let it go if she doesn't put it out next week? Or continue to call her? I guess that's what I'm wondering...

I wouldn't let it go, at least not right away. Maybe she did make a mistake and relist with the items. If that's the case then she needs to return/refund the deal or offer less than what you paid. But it's Craigslist, so buyer beware unfortunately.

I thought about that but the cheapest bed alone I could find was $18 at Walmart, I only paid $50 for all of it. I can't find the actual Rose Petal bed except on eBay, where it is $18 to ship it, plus the cost of the bed. Sigh, I wish DH would have known what he was supposed to get, or that she would have checked her listing. My dd said as I was taking our bed out to sell, "but I need that fo' my babies!".