Menu

getting error message when sending Private Messages

I can't figure out what is wrong.   It says: "You must enter their name in the appropriate field fully."  

I typed the names I was sending to and it comes up with the proper suggestions... which I click on that name... but I still get the error message.  There's a comma between each name... my in-box is not full, I've tried it more than once.  I've tried taking each name out individually to see which one is the problem child.  Nothing.  Still getting the message.   I give up... What have I missed?

Hoping for an answer to the question, myself!  This is very similar to what I wrote about in one of the social groups as a perplexing problem, my inability to send a PM to the group's moderator.  In my case, I am writing to only one person, and "the system" refuses to accept the name.  Responds always with that same error message.   

I've gotten that message for one member here (milovany), on separate days. I have no problems pm-ing others, it's just her. I figured it was something with her name because of the accent. I haven't had problems with anyone else.

Eek!  I'm a trouble maker.  People used to be able to PM me just fine.  They just didn't type in that final "y" with the accent, and my name still came up as a scroll down option.  Is that not happening anymore?  (If you type in milo-- does my name not pop up for you to then choose?)

Eek!  I'm a trouble maker.  People used to be able to PM me just fine.  They just didn't type in that final "y" with the accent, and my name still came up as a scroll down option.  Is that not happening anymore?  (If you type in milo-- does my name not pop up for you to then choose?)

When I select your name from the pop-down, that does not work, either. 

FWIW, "Elisheba" cannot be reached via PM, either.  I had to do that same work-around as I did with you -- I asked her to send me a PM, to which I then could reply successfully.

• 2 weeks later...