Menu

Anxiety attacks about this coming year...

ksr5377

The public school starts tomorrow.  The children have been at each others throats for the past two weeks, basically since we started school.  DS who is almost 3 has completely quit potty training and refuses to NOT wear a diaper.  Along with his many many toddler tantrums that have been happening lately.  And I'm certain that surprise baby #4 that we just found out about last week is adding to my crazy.  We won't all fit in the kitchen, we don't have enough beds.  I just keep having these awful episodes of anxiety and then I burst into tears.  Then I think there's no way I can do this and that I should send them to school tomorrow.  But I know rationally that makes no sense.  Baby won't even be here until April and unless this pregnancy is WAY worse than the other 3 there's no reason we can't be done with school by then, at least with the 3 R's.  Plus it won't save us any money, curriculum is all purchased and Classical Conversations doesn't give refunds.  I know I just keep getting overwhelmed with all the what if's of the future and I just need to focus on each day.  And do some serious deep breathing. And that it's all just a season.  Maybe I just needed to write it out, sometimes I think this forum works like a journal.  Whew, feeling a little better already.  But don't be surprised if you see more posts like this over the next few weeks =)

Awww hughughug

Pregnancy hormones can really affect your day.

Would your littlest wear pull ups or trainers?

It's hard when they refuse to go potty. My favorite book title of all time is Louise Ames'

The Three Year Old: Your Friend, Your Enemy. Cracks me up! But I understand.

:grouphug:   Baby is far off, but the fatigue and hormones can be a downer. I feel like you do. I can't stand the whining and tantrums that are coming from my 3 and 5 yo - seems like everything you do isn't 'good' enough or 'fun' enough. I can't even read a book lately without bickering over who sits where and someone screaming 'quit touching me!' :cursing: So... you're not alone. Some days and weeks are better than others, take it one day at a time.