Menu

Mr. Q Science to Print Or Not??

thowell

We are going to try one of the units in the Physical Science book and I am wondering about printing. Do you print student or teacher's books? I know there are some student sheets that would need to be printed not sure about in the TE. Is there a way to put these on a Nook or Kindle and have dd10 read the pages from there?

Mr. Q should go onto a Kindle or Nook easily; I have it on my iPad, and I think I put it on DD's Kindle too. It's way too much to print the whole thing (it's like 900 pages between the student and teacher parts). So far, I have not printed anything from Mr. Q except for the definitions at the end (which I printed so I could turn them into flash cards for review), as I just have my kids fill in the worksheets on the iPad, but it would be easy enough to print just a few of the worksheets and not the whole student part.

This is our 4th year using MrQ. We read it on an iPad. I only print out the end of the chapter activities if I want to include it as a sample for my portfolio, otherwise we do it orally. I will also print out the chapter vocabulary/definition page from the teacher's book.

I posted re: kindle use recently.  Here's the thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/482134-kindle/  The consensus seems to be that it's easier to read on an iPad.  That isn't in the budget for us this year, so I opted to print the student text, the activiy sheets we will use and the TG pages that we are using (about 1/2 of the entire TG).  We used Mr.Q's last year and only printed the activity sheets, but we found that it didn't get done as often as it should.  I have no idea why, but I do better when I have a print book I can pull out and sit down and read from.  Opening the laptop was a lot of work for me, apparently. LOL

We use refurbished ink, so printing cost me maybe $10 and then it will be about $10 to bind the student text.  The rest is going in a binder.  So, really, I spent $25 for the curriculum and another $20 to print/bind...so it's not really "cheap"...Printing it is not my favorite option.  I hope to get an iPad soon!