Menu

MM dark blue question

kiwik

I agree. The last two problems you listed involve decimals. My dd is not learning decimal arithmetic yet. She can do the first problem you listed (divide a 3 digit number by a 2 digit number) and that is considered third grade work here (in Singapore).

This is the page I was referring to, and it says, "Introduction to Fractions is for grades 2-4."

Thanks for some reason I thought it was grades 1 to 3. We have been discussing decimals but only because he and his little brother changed the setting on the calculator when they were playing with it. I don't seriously expect to get there for a few years.

Maria mentions on her web site that the Blue Books cover a range of grades each so you might have to do only a part of a book and then revisit again another year.  These are definitely in the upper range.  I would have said grade 4-5.

Thanks for some reason I thought it was grades 1 to 3. We have been discussing decimals but only because he and his little brother changed the setting on the calculator when they were playing with it. I don't seriously expect to get there for a few years.

It comes in the grades 1-3 bundle, but some of the books in that bundle have different grade ranges - some of them 1-2 and some of them 2-4, IIRC.

well he is half way through the equivalent of first grade so we will come back to it in a year or so. Thanks. I bought a reveiw book so I can use it as a guide. I thought about switching to light blue but we are after schooling and there is so much that isn't in line with school. For example stacked addition etc isn't taught here any more.