Menu

Spanish Language TV Shows?

Hoot

Does anyone have any suggestions for good, current Spanish language tv shows?  It seems that the only thing available are those awful soap operas that are on 24/7.  Is there anything appropriate for family viewing?  I don't even know where to start, so I'd like a list that I can look up and research. 

I'm looking for Spanish TV shows, too. I don't mind the telenovelas, but am looking for shows that speak a little more slowly than what I've come across. I have access to HuluPlus and the extremely wide variety of Spanish language channels, but am specifically looking for slower-paced dialogue shows.

Thanks in advance!

How about the Spanish version of Extr@! There are 12 (13?) episodes of the Spanish version. It is on Discovery Streaming (if you have it, or take advantage of the trial going on) or it is on YouTube if you don't have access to DS or just prefer YouTube.

I haven't seen this show, though I intend to watch it. It is a show for language learners, there are 13 episodes (I think) and they are some what modeled after teen-sitcoms, from what I can tell. The same show is available in other languages (French, German, Italian and English--but the Eng. version has 26 episodes.) Anyway, if this is for a young child, I would preview it first because you can never know. I think that it should be just fine, and I wouldn't hesitate much about watching it with my kid sister whose 11, but still...its the only thing I know of at this moment that seems like it could qualify for "Family Viewing" unless you know where to find the Cosby Show in Spanish....

Here, I will link them for you and hope that the formatting attempts work...

Episode #4
Episode #5   Episode #6
Episode #7   Episode #8
Episode #9   Episode #10
Episode #11

There is another user who has uploaded what appears to be a higher quality set of the entire series--all 13 episodes
. But since I had already linked the episodes, I decided to leave them there. Oh well.

I also forgot all about the Destinos videos.  Since it is meant for learning, they speak a bit slower than the conversations on typical tv shows.  Even without doing all of the activities and exercises, I think the videos would be helpful as far as listening practice goes.   

These are all fantastic!  I'm especially excited about 

Sabrina la Bruja Adolescente (Sabrina the Teenage Witch) in Spanish on Youtube.

Thank you mom2bee!

If anyone else has more, please keep posting.  :)

Well I have several Spanish videos on YouTube but they are mostly kids shows so I didn't recommend them when you said Family Shows because I don't know the dynamics of the family in question. I also know where to find shows like Suits and Burn Notice in Spanish, but I wouldn't consider Suits family oriented because there is some drug use in some of the episodes.

Here are some Juvenile shows.

Pinky, Elmira and the Brain

Caperucita Roja   The Anime version of Little Red Riding Hood. Adorable Animation. You can search Cuentos de los Hermanos Grimm to find more.

Muppet Babies

Fraggle Rock

Live Action Fairy Tales Playlist

Pocoyon There's so much Spanish Pocoyo I'm almost embarrassed to link it....theres a playlist of 71 Pocoyo Spanish episodes here.

I'm running to the store now, but I will post more Spanish Cartoons and shows when I get back, hopefully. If I don't update by dinner time, send me a PM to remind me.

This is fantastic!  I'll take whatever you have.  The cartoons would be awesome for DS14.  He still loves stuff like Scooby Doo and such.  I wouldn't mind some more adult type shows for me, things like Vampire Diaries, Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar... things along those lines.   

Well I have several Spanish videos on YouTube but they are mostly kids shows so I didn't recommend them when you said Family Shows because I don't know the dynamics of the family in question. I also know where to find shows like Suits and Burn Notice in Spanish, but I wouldn't consider Suits family oriented because there is some drug use in some of the episodes.

Totally Spies not organized into neat little playlist but it seems to be seasons 1-5.

Batman and the Mystery of Batwoman  This is an animated full length film, I haven't seen the movie in English, but these movies are targeted towards teens so have sexually sugestive content, mild swearing. I checked and its PG for violence. Some animated DC Hero movies are PG-13 though.

Also, check your dvd collection (many of them have the option to be played with Spanish audio, look for it on library DVD's as well)

Wow! Thanks, y'all! So many good suggestions. My kids have recently gotten into Disney movies as we're comparing and contrasting Grimm's Fairy Tales with their film adaptations, so I'll see if I can do up the Spanish language versions to help with some of their listening comprehension skills.

Thanks again!

Do you receive TVE from Madrid, Spain from your TV provider? When our DD was much younger, and when we had Directv Colombia, we watched a WONDERFUL  program that taught Classical Music to children. The MC was either a genius or insane. Possibly both. He and the orchestra and the performers did such a great job explaining the music, dance, etc., to the audience of children. I'm not sure if they are still showing that program, but, if so, it is a winner...

Also, if you receive channels from Latin America, you will probably find some programs that are helpful to you.

The program I mentioned in the first paragraph was also aired by the Colombian Educational station. They have programs like Barney and Sesame Street in Spanish, so if one has an idea about what they are talking about, one can pick up some vocabulary and the pronunciation.

GL

We do have this option, but only as an additional paid Spanish Language Package through our cable provider.  I was hoping to find some free options instead.  We have a few free Spanish language channels, but they seem to be the ones that show a lot of junk instead of popular or family-friendly shows.

Do you receive TVE from Madrid, Spain from your TV provider? When our DD was much younger, and when we had Directv Colombia, we watched a WONDERFUL  program that taught Classical Music to children. The MC was either a genius or insane. Possibly both. He and the orchestra and the performers did such a great job explaining the music, dance, etc., to the audience of children. I'm not sure if they are still showing that program, but, if so, it is a winner...

Also, if you receive channels from Latin America, you will probably find some programs that are helpful to you.

The program I mentioned in the first paragraph was also aired by the Colombian Educational station. They have programs like Barney and Sesame Street in Spanish, so if one has an idea about what they are talking about, one can pick up some vocabulary and the pronunciation.

GL