Menu

s/o music...Memories

Joker

Do you have a song, or songs, that instantly take you back to a certain time or moment?

In the lyric thread someone brought up Mazzy Star. I instantly go back to dating dh. When I hear Radiohead, I always think about first meeting him (I listen to Karma Police when I'm mad at him because it makes me happy with him again quickly). I can hear certain old county songs and am transported back to my childhood. Sometimes even to specific moments.

Songs that I heard a lot during my first pregnancy tend to make me feel nauseous...

LOL!!! I had to go to a clinic weekly with my first for monitoring. They were always playing Marc Anthony. I cannot listen to him today without feeling sick and nervous.

Childhood to adulthood - Sting (Police), New Kids on the Block, WHAM, A-Ha, Pet Shop Boys, Richard Clayderman, Boy George, Prince, Chage and Aska

Mugging/cramming for high school maths - Bon Jovi, Queen

Hubby - Linkin Park, Nine Inch Nails, John Michael Montgomery, Dave Mathews Band, Bjork, Sarah McLachlan, Celine Dion, Sheena Easton

Teenage - Madonna, Bangles

I was born in the early 70s. Hubby and I love music. I miss Tower Records and HMV as hubby and I used to hang out there. I even miss the music section of Borders.