Menu

More stuff, being a board hog. I'm being tested for thyroid and diabetes.......

My symptom list:

Excessive hair loss

Constant urge to urinate

Fatigue (yea, no kidding?)

Insomnia

Inability to lose weight, regardless of dietary habits

Constipation/IBS symptoms

My thyroid is enlarged, at least to the Dr's touch.

I do have a family history (both parents) of diabetes, and I have been overweight since my youngest was born.

I also get a referral to an ENT for my "mouth breathing problem" which has been an issue for......decades??

Ok. So, I did not take adequate care of myself for many years. I'm both paying the price and making up for it now.

certainly stress can contribute to your symptoms. Don't beat yourself up too much over this---

Ok. So, I did not take adequate care of myself for many years. I'm both paying the price and making up for it now.

Let the doctors help determine the problem; don't be too hard on yourself. Both diabetes and thyroid issues can be inherited; this may very well not be anything that you brought on yourself at all.

Last year my dh was diagnosed with an enlarged heart; the doctors said that the problem was either inherited or due to a viral infection (strange!). He had to have a defibrillator implanted in his heart in October. Dh also struggled with weight issues and was really struggling with condemnation following his diagnosis and surgery. His recovery was helped tremendously when he was able to put all that behind him. In his case, he probably should have lost weight earlier and that might have helped his heart situation. Remember that Christ is the great Redeemer and loves you so very much; try to stay focused on Him as much as you can. Remember Romans 8:1--"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ . . . " He is now doing very well, has been able to lose weight, and is exercising regularly.

I'm sending you big :grouphug: at this time, Joanne. There are many, many on these boards who care about you very much. We are praying for you.

Both my parents-in-law have diabetes. The preventative stuff and treatments have come a LONG way during the last few years.

I've studied it quite a bit, and would be glad to share if you are interested. PM is good.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this on top of everything else. It never rains but it pours, seems true sometimes.