Menu

Trampoline and neighbor kids

mommyx4

Editing the original post to nothing.

I feel bad about saying anything negative about my neighbor.  We are blessed to have kids next door for my kids to play with.  I do think it's wise to not let them play on the trampoline, so thank you for your comments. 

I say go with your gut.  I'd check with your homeowner's insurance, because I actually think you could be responsible whether they have insurance or not, but I htink the important thing here is that you have a bad gut feeling about their father.  Always go with your gut!

This. Your homeowner's insurance would pay out. And sometimes, it's more than just the medical bills they pay.... people often go for 'damages', etc.

We banned neighbor kids from ours after one boy (13 at the time) kept "falling out" of our trampoline through the net door. Once I saw that, I nixed anyone but my kids on there.

I agree that it doesn't really matter if they have health insurance or not.  You could be held responsible either way.  Their health insurance wouldn't happily pay up for a trampoline accident that happened at your house.  Go with your gut.

We used to have a trampoline and the neighborhood kids would come over every day. After weeks of telling them to jump one at a time we took down the trampoline for fear someone would get hurt. They haven't been back since. My children are sad about it but also feel used.

Editing the original post to nothing.

I feel bad about saying anything negative about my neighbor.  We are blessed to have kids next door for my kids to play with.  I do think it's wise to not let them play on the trampoline, so thank you for your comments. 

Don't feel bad.

It's good that you came to a decision.