Menu

Office chairs on hardwood floors

Does anyone know where I can find office chairs that have rubber wheels?  I bought chair from IKEA that have plastic wheels and they have completely ruined my hardwood floors.  The plastic wheels don't roll very well so they end up dragging across the floor.

I searched for wheels to replace the wheels that came on the IKEA chairs, but unfortunately they do not fit.

Anyone know of some that are affordable chairs that work well on hardwood floors?

Thanks!

We bought a clear plastic thing to put under the desk and chair when we had them on our hardwood floors. They would get a little dust under them, but the floors themselves looked great when we removed the plastic. I don't have any idea about finding rubber wheels...

we bought the same thing, a plastic chair mat for hardwood floors. We got ours from amazon.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I was hoping to not put down plastic on the floor as there are 5 of us in our school room and I think it would look cluttered to have 5 plastic things on the floor.  It would fill most of the floor space in the room.  I've also thought of putting down a big area rug.  With 5 IKEA desks in there I don't think that will work either.

Thanks!