Menu

Art curriculum/projects for 4th grade boy?

trulycrabby

Hello, first of all, let me tell you how un-arty I am! I "know" art, but I cannot create it, if that makes sense. And, I am completely, absolutely clueless about developing art curriculum for DS9.

There is hope, however. My wonderful (truly) MIL is artistically inclined, and has stated that she wants to help with homeschooling. So, I thought she could do cursive and art. I've got cursive covered, but have absolutely no idea where to start looking for good art curriculum and projects. 

Any ideas or suggestions?  :)

We did Home Art Studio for 3rd, and it was a big hit.  We're doing Atelier Art for 4th, hoping for another big hit.  I may pick up HAS for extra fun, just because I have an art loving kid, and he always asks for more.

This book  is excellent, and one of my favorite resources as well.  

scott foresman art books found used on Amazon.  I bought the second grade one for this year.  Dd has been enjoying going through it and picking out stuff she wants to try.  She's already learned a few new terms.  It's not an amazing book, but it's cheap and will do the job.  

I was going to shell out the money for Artistic Pursuits, which I think looks great, but then read a post by someone here recommending the SF books.