Menu

Anyone here have polymyalgia? Dr thinks I may have this autoimmune disorder.

Rose in BC

Although I am younger than usual age for this disorder.

Two drs in our clinic agree with this diagnosis but are sending me to a rheumatologist for confirmation. Last month when I went for my fibromyalgia prescription I asked dr how he could be certain it was fibromyalgia. He said it was usually a diagnosis of elimination..rule out other things. I described some newer symptoms. He immediately said I was describing polymyalgia. I went for blood work that showed a high crp level which indicates inflammation.

Outcome is good...treatment harsh. Patients usually require one or two years of steroids.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone here is familiar with it.

I have fibro but I would gladly take the steroids if it actually meant getting rid of this. I hope you are treated successfully.

That is how I'm feeling at this moment but I do have to wait until I see rheumatologist. Dr said it might still be fibromyalgia and sometimes people have both...hope not.

The only issue with steroids is that some people have to take them for a couple of years and that's hard on the body.