Menu

Curriculum Question(s)

If you wanted a "packaged" curriculum that would serve a college bound student and enable everything to be (sort of) one stop shopping- which one would you choose? My oldest son is a rising eighth grader and we have been using HOD for several years now. However, three years ago or more we stopped using their math recs and went with Saxon. For high school and possibly eighth grade, I think we also need different science (thinking DIVE science programs). What are my options? What have you used? What do you suggest? Thank you! (I don't know why this won't let me change from all continuous text. Sorry!!!) Rebecca

I went with MFW. We added computer programming language electives. They didn't offer that. and to make cover school happy, we had to do a little bit more Brit Lit in 12th grade even though what we did in 10th grade MFW was enough. It's just a thing with this cover school that you have to do some Brit LIt in 12th. (use cover school to be legal in my state). MFW offers Saxon and plans for it.. and Apologia for Science, which is one of the text options with DIVE. been working for us for one stop shopping. lesson plans for Bible/History/English are geared for student to do more independently and meet with parent..

ps.. I just remembered.. I added a few videos on medical myths to health course in mfw b/c that was of interest to us. just saying we did MFW and only added to it when it was needed for our interest.