Menu

planning Florida vac for next year...Gulf recs (trying to vrbo)

Holly IN

Hello,

I am looking at Bradenton right now. However I am not coming up with good searches on VRBO with that area. We love Siesta key but the place we stay at raised their prices AGAIN. So no way we can afford it now. So we are looking at staying on the beach between Seista Key to Tampa area. Anybody have recs for this area?

Thanks!!

Fort Myers Beach is further south than you are looking but really nice. If you are looking of a little more inexpensive try Englewood or Venice. they are just a little south of Sarasota but the beaches are not as white and sandy they are more natural tons of shells and sharks teeth. I think Clearwater is nice but I never go that far north to the beach.

We just returned from a trip to FL that included 4 days in Clearwater Beach. My sister was in charge of that part of the trip and she booked us at the Coconut Cove Resort. They are one bedroom totally renovated units, full kitchens, granite, living rooms, large bath, etc. It is across the street from the beach but we could walk right across the street and through their sister resort for beach access. We walked to several restaurants. I will tell you it doesn't look fancy from the outside but the units are VERY nice.

My sister paid $109 a night through one of those hotel deal sites!

My favorite key in the range you are looking is Longboat Key. It is far the most beautiful of the keys and the least populated. Each key has its own unique flair so you could decide which would be best.

Siesta - great beaches, most populated and most nightlife. Very touristy.

Lido - motorcycle and tattoo paradise. Great landing for kayaking. Fun aquarium

Longboat - rich retires, almost abandoned in the summer. Fewer rentals as most are snow bird condo and house owners. Great access to downtown Sarasota, theater, and even more shops there. Gorgeous landscaping everywhere, and a ton of animals.

St Armand's - best shopping and restaurants, no beach

Anna Marie - great for boat charters and bay wading, dolphin watching. Most families found there, but not a huge choice of shops or restaurants compared to the others