Menu

Just back from Busch Gardens, VA

jen3kids

The kids and I are back from Busch Gardens/WaterCountry USA in Williamsburg. Thank you for all the advice you gave regarding tickets and accommodations.

We ended up staying at the Historic Powhatan Resort for less than $100/night. It had 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed, plus a full kitchen and washer/dryer. It was perfect for the 6 of us.

I dropped the kids off at the park each morning after a big breakfast and picked them up mid-afternoon for lunch, then back to the other park until it closed. We ate dinner late each evening in the condo. It worked perfectly.

The weather was awesome for the parks - high 70s, cloudy and a bit of rain so there were no lines for the rides and the kids rode their favourites over and over again.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome for travel advice.

The kids and I are back from Busch Gardens/WaterCountry USA in Williamsburg. Thank you for all the advice you gave regarding tickets and accommodations.

We ended up staying at the Historic Powhatan Resort for less than $100/night. It had 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed, plus a full kitchen and washer/dryer. It was perfect for the 6 of us.

I dropped the kids off at the park each morning after a big breakfast and picked them up mid-afternoon for lunch, then back to the other park until it closed. We ate dinner late each evening in the condo. It worked perfectly.

The weather was awesome for the parks - high 70s, cloudy and a bit of rain so there were no lines for the rides and the kids rode their favourites over and over again.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome for travel advice.

Can you post the contact information for the Powhatan? I've heard people mention it, but the only link I found seemed to be an individual renter. Maybe I googled the wrong thing?

Can you post the contact information for the Powhatan? I've heard people mention it, but the only link I found seemed to be an individual renter. Maybe I googled the wrong thing?

I found it through expedia.com and it was $97/night. I searched for Williamsburg, VA. The kids enjoyed the pools and mini-golf there too.