Menu

Joyland by SK - wasn't there a recent thread...

Chocolate Rose

or am I losing my mind?

I thought for sure I even responded to it, but nothing is showing up in my searches.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Costco has this in paperback and I picked up my copy today. YAY, I don't have to wait to order it. I am going to finish the book I'm reading first (Ender's Game - dd read it and wanted me to read it before the movie comes out), but I'm hoping to finish it tonight.

There was one...you did not imagine it! I don't know where it is, but it must be out there somewhere!

Thank you! I was really starting to worry. :laugh: I wonder why I can't find it, not that it really matters, I guess.

Yes, but the search function isn't working. Try using the google site search to find it? I am on my phone (still no internet) or I would do it for you.

Good idea! I had even searched my posts and it didn't show up. I'll give the google search a go.

I just finished Ender's game yesterday! Is Joy land on kindle?

I guess not:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/2/3058147/stephen-king-eschewing-ebooks-joyland

"Most decisions about ebook availability come down to disagreements with publishers or lawsuits. Novelist Stephen King is deciding to keep his upcoming novel Joyland away from the digital ream for a different reason: the aesthetics and nostalgia of the physical medium. The book — about a student who must face a murder while working at a carnival in 1973 — is being published by Hard Case Crime, a smaller imprint known for its stylistic throwbacks to the pulp novels of the 1940's. "I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts," King said in a statement. "I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book." King followed a similar strategy with his last collaboration with Hard Case, The Colorado Kid, which was physically published only as a paperback."