Menu

How to clean a tile shower??

Moxie

Preventive maintenance is the key. Keep a cloth and squeegee in the shower for a quick wipe down. It helps combat mold and mildew issues. I just started using a recipe I found for deep cleaning. Fill a squirt bottle with hot water, cup of vinegar, and some dawn dish soap. Spray down the shower, let it sit for awhile, scrub and rinse. Dc will do this part for me during shower time.

We have a tile shower, and our bathroom in this house gets moldy faster than any other house I have ever lived in. I also try to avoid harsh cleaners and clean with natural products whenever possible. The combo of the three meant for years that I could never keep the shower clean; it was a constant battle - I tried squeegees, we had a fan installed that runs on a timer for a half hour after we're out of the shower, etc., but I always ended up having to resort back to Tilex.

The single thing that has done the most to help is: I got one of those dishwashing wands where you can fill the handle of the wand with a soap solution, and it has a brush head. I fill it with white vinegar and a generous squeeze of dish soap. When I'm finishing up with my shower, I use the brush to clean a portion of the shower walls (usually about 1/3 per day). It has made a huge difference! I also keep a rag hanging in the shower and I dry off the shower walls with it after I get out of the shower.

Here's my tried and true recipe that's especially good even with hard water. Heat 1/2 cup vinegar till hot (doesn't need to boil) add 1/2 cup clear Dawn. Put in squirt bottle & spray on shower/tub. I usually do it after a shower then just wipe it down the next day. It is slipper so be careful!