Menu

Silly Cooking Question

Just Kate

I (obviously) don't cook often. Tonight I am grilling chicken and my sides are rice and roasted Brussels Sprouts. I just found a rice recipe that I want to try, but the rice is cooked in the oven. Can I cook my rice and roast by Brussels Sprouts in the oven at the same time? If so, do I need to adjust the cooking times?

I can make the rice on the stove or in my rice cooker, if necessary, but I would love a new recipe. Any suggestions for a yummy white rice recipe?

Thanks!

I would think "no."

Roasting veggies usually takes a high heat like 425 but rice is closer to 350.

You probably could do the rice, then turn up the temp and do the BrUssel Sprouts. If they are cut n half, they'd cook quickly.

HTH

Great suggestion! Thanks a bunch. :)

I would think "no."

Roasting veggies usually takes a high heat like 425 but rice is closer to 350.

You probably could do the rice, then turn up the temp and do the BrUssel Sprouts. If they are cut n half, they'd cook quickly.

HTH

I agree, this is what I would do.

You know, I just cooked an oven-baked rice recipe in my rice cooker yesterday. When it got to the point of "place Dutch oven in preheated oven" I just dumped it all in the rice cooker, so my oven would be free for my other dishes. It did take quite a bit longer, but I made the mistake of not bringing the water to a boil like I would have before putting it in the oven.