Menu

So.. I'm sitting here on a Fri night waiting for...

Um_2_4

the UPS man!!!

I ordered something yesterday off a LARGE website and paid for overnight shipping as I wanted it for this weekend...

NOW it is almost 8 pm here and NOTHING.

I called and it seems this large company shipped it not standard overnight but overnight "Saver", which means it could arrive as late as 9pm...

I am not a happy camper... I am beginning to wonder if the driver is gonna skip me and head home since I am a bit off the beaten track...

Do you think I have a reason to be upset???

Note: when ordering it simple said "next day" (UPS is the method mentioned). It do not say what time next day, but I expect (from working in a shipping dept) normal business hours (max 6 pm). They never mentioned "next day saver" or "up till 9pm"... I would have picked 2 day and saved $15 and gotten it Monday.

So what says the hive...

PS I paid an extra $21 over normal ground shipping

Ugh! I don't like it when that happens!

If it does not arrive tonight, call the company you bought from for a refund of your extra shipping charges.

This recently happened to my sister. She was able to get her money back. I hope you are, too!

(But I hope it shows up tonight.)

If they don't show up you have reason to be mad, but it isn't considered late if it arrives at night on the "next day." From UPS.com:

How late does UPS deliver?

Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window. Up to three delivery attempts will be made, excluding weekends and holidays.

In the U.S. and Canada, for residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that the shipment be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. If an adult signature is required and the sender has instructed us not to leave the shipment with a neighbor, we will make another delivery attempt on the next business day. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area.

Yep I got it. 8:20 lol

Yay! Glad it worked out.

I picture you sitting out front of your house in the shadows. As the UPS guy walks up you strike a match and then in a menacing voice say "I was wonderin' if you were gonna show..."

I clearly need to get some sleep.