Menu

All you horse moms...

Remudamom

Here are my boys riding the greenies for me this afternoon. Buckskin is AQHA and bay is my Arabian. Both are so tall it's hard for me to get on. I haven't ridden the Arab yet and probably won't for some time, he teleports and is altogether too energetic for me. The buckskin is fat and lazy and I ride him after the boys lope him out, practicing stops, turns, everything. They are a far cry from my well trained little QH mare.

IMG_2992_zps007b5906.jpg

IMG_2996_zpsaa95ff45.jpg

Neither horse looks too tall to me.....................or is it those boys with the long legs? Our bay arabian is 21 years old and looks similar to yours (ok, he is a morgan/arabian cross we think) and he can STILL teleport. He did that last week trail riding when a butterfly or something attacked him. He can handle the big very scary stuff just fine, it is those tiny, almost invisable horse eating things out there that get him.

I would take fat and lazy anytime over teleporting as quite often I get left behind..........on my behind.

When someone describes a horse for sale as "fun to ride" I know it is NOT the horse for me. I am too old to have a "fun" horse.

I'm not sure how tall these two are, I'm going to stick them tomorrow. My mare is 14.2 and that's a really good height for me.

Yeah, "fun to ride" translates to "you'd better be a good rider or your butt is going to be bouncing off the ground".

I've just realized I want a quiet horse to ride. I can drive my teleporting Arabian but that ground is just. so. hard.

What handsome young men and horses! Teleporting--what a great word for that sudden move an Arabian can make. lol

I was thinking the same thing!

Yep, teleporting...that's a very good description of what an Arabian can do, lol. Mine whirled on me so fast once that I squealed! I thought for sure he was coming out from under me. Last weekend he was turning around (because obviously standing still was much too complicated) and a fella was standing too close. My horse bumped his hip into the guys shoulder. Whoa! Luka jumped so high, wheeled around, tossing his head around and bouncing around almost in place. I managed to stay on and the friends I was with were surprised...though some of the older ones just shook their heads and remarked yet again that they were too old to be riding 'silly' horses...Yeah he can drive me a little wonky sometimes, but he has such a huge personality that it totally makes up for it ;)

Your boys are very handsome and most helpful!