Menu

Saw "Epic" last night - at the Drive In!

Renthead Mommy

My son and his friend wanted to see "Epic". Turned out it was playing at the local Drive In! It was so cool! The three kids sat in lawn chairs and the friend's dad and I sat in the car.

The kids were having a hard time wrapping their heads around the whole idea. Originally it was just going to be my 10 yo and me, so we planned to sit in the car. When we realized the other three were going and the kids would sit outside, we decided to take a radio for them to listen through. When asked if they had a radio, they kept offering up Ipods and clocks you plug an Ipod into. We found a radio, but they still didn't "get it" till the movie started.

But it was so much fun! Kids in pajamas. air mattresses and blankets in the back of trucks ans SUVs. And since the kids were outside, no one cared when the dad or I got on our phone for something. And only $2 a person. We brought snacks and got popcorn. I was expecting them to beg to stay for the second feature (Ironman). But it wasn't starting till 11:30 and they were beat already (either way we were not staying).

But it was so much fun! We will have to go back, but moving into summer, the movies start later and later as it gets dark later.

Oh and the movie was fine. One of thise cute abd sweet things. Better than I expected.

However my soon to be 11 yo said it was a good movie, till they ruined it with a kissing scene at the end! LOL! Apparently happy endings are okay, but there is still no need for that!