Menu

tower fans

Vida Winter

We take advantage of cooler temps at night and then shut up and cover the windows to block the sun during the day. Also, we can turn the furnace fan on to pull the cool air up from the basement on really hot days. I try to cook outside on the bbq or use the crock pot in the garage just to keep the house cooler. The fans are useful and cool showers for the little kids before bedtime work also.

I don't have any advice for you, but I looked at the thread because I thought "I've never heard of the show Tower" I wonder what the fans of Tower are posting about.

LOL, I didn't think of that until I saw the title afterward...maybe I should change the title. It does get cold at night even in the summer so we don't absolutely need fans but during the day and some evenings it can be uncomfortable -- some nights we sleep outside. We've made it 7 years with no ac and no fans but I thought maybe this year we could get a few of these.

A few years ago when we lived on the east coast, our area was hit by a heat wave (high humidity too) and of course, our A/C died. While we waited for the repairmen, we rented a tower fan for the day/night. I only lasted one night before I got a hotel room because we were so miserable.

We have a tower fan in our bedroom. If you get one, do not buy the cheapest model available. It still oscillates, but it makes a horrible noise doing so, so we keep it in a fixed position. :) We bought it last summer when our a/c was dying and our apartment complex was dragging it's feet in replacing it. We like it overall and use it everyday, though we also have a/c.

My mom has a nicer tower fan, a taller one that sits on the floor. She doesn't like to keep the a/c too cool in her house, so that works for her. I think she may have two of them.