Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 5/12-5/18

Negin

What is a Bosu Ball workout?

did a new yoga dvd. it worked up a drenching sweat. I think it will be added to my routine. I'm still trembling from it.

Share the title.

I didn't workout for 3 days. I need to get strict again about making my workouts a top priority. Today I did Denise Austen Daily Dozen all parts except the upper body. My shoulder is acting up again. I don't workout for 3 days and my shoulder is acting like I over worked it. What gives?

What is a Bosu Ball workout?

Share the title.

The reason I got the Bosu Ball (a few years and I'm embarrassed to say that I barely use it and I should use it more) is to work on my balance. Balance is a concern for me as I get older. It's also great for the core, etc.

Mine came with a DVD of its own. I might someday get another DVD, but since I barely use it right now, not buying a DVD yet.

Bosu-Ball-Squats-Bosu-upside-down3.jpg

I didn't workout for 3 days. I need to get strict again about making my workouts a top priority. Today I did Denise Austen Daily Dozen all parts except the upper body. My shoulder is acting up again. I don't workout for 3 days and my shoulder is acting like I over worked it. What gives?

I go through those non-working out periods also.

Like that Denise Austin DVD a lot. I like almost every one of hers. :)

Hope your shoulder feels much better soon. Would Tiger Balm or some similar ointment help?

Only have time for lots of stretching today.

So that's what those are called? I've always wanted one. I have a regular physioball. I've thought about getting two of these because it seems that a lot of exercises for the Bosu Ball could be done with the discs.

Those look good also.

Heck yeah, mowing with a push mower counts! I have a riding mower so I can't count it. :lol:

I did low impact today as my shoulder returns to normal. It's still twinging. I want to get in another work out this afternoon. I like splitting my workouts as I've read you get a bigger bang for your buck.

Just finished my afternoon quickie workout. Total Body Boot Camp followed by a stretch.

I've have to push mow our acre today so that should count towards exercise too in my book.

Yes, it most certainly does. :)

I did low impact today as my shoulder returns to normal. It's still twinging.

Take care and hopefully it'll be better very soon.

Will be doing yoga soon - 5-Day Fit Trouble Zone Solutions.

774731f56e1cc49df848991e029a30a9.jpg

Just lots of stretching this morning.

Great way to relieve my pent up irritatedness from the day.

I hear you. :grouphug: One of my main reasons for exercise. I miss high impact - specifically, running - to help with this. My running days are over.

59fc58e30fdc5c92df36250cfd0560cd.jpg

I had a massage. Glorious :laugh:

My mom keeps nagging me that I need to make an appointment for one. It's been too long since I last had a massage. I'm a huge believer in them. I was a massage therapist many years ago. Thanks for the reminder to get one. :)

I'll soon be doing Ellen Barret: Grace & Gusto. I love Ellen and this is one of my favorites.

hqdefault.jpg

it's been a bad week with flu going around. I managed to get my basic yoga in twice (very good for balance). now I am recovering from flu . . . . and here I'd been hoping it was the 3d star trek yesterday . . . . (I started getting sick immediately after the movie ended.)