Menu

Homeschool Dinner/Dance Pics

They fill out a card that is "coded" with silly names of things- what it "really" is = what they get to eat. It's divided into courses. For each course they pick 3-4 items- but they have no idea what those items are. So one course might get them a spoon, a glass of juice, crackers or cheese. The second course they might get tuna salad, potatoes, a napkin, etc. It's silly and I think they do end up traded food around. Some kids just get dinner ware and an empty cup for a course- it's a lot of fun if you don't go with the thought to get full!

The first year ds came home hungry. Since then, he eats before he goes (they do dance for a couple of hours) - they all LOVE it!

tyvm LoriAnn!

Sigh, Lisa, your activities with your homeschool group always make me green with envy, especially the drama productions. One of the few things my kids have always seen as a drawback to homeschooling is the sense of isolation. How very rewarding to have a nice-sized group of teens to work with. Great pictures and as always your blog is inspiring.