Menu

Question about membership fees to places like amazon, Sam's Club, etc

Slipper

My mother owns the property next to me. They are having difficult times and their property is mortgaged. Since it adjoins ours, we plan on buying their property for the cost of the mortgage and letting them live there. (Obviously, it's complicated but we have an attorney working out the paperwork and details).

Technically, we own all the property and they are living on it. We already do a lot of grocery shopping together, but sometimes one of us will go and buy the groceries. We both have cards for shopping at different places and amazon accounts. She's getting rid of hers due to the costs associated with it. Can she go on my card as a member of my household since she lives on our property? Or are we still considered separate?

You can add members to your Amazon Prime account. Packages will probably all come to your house.

Dh was on his mom's Sam's club for years. They started out within the same household. When he moved out she kept paying for the card. When we moved to an area without a Sam's he didn't get his card renewed.

I wouldn't tell anyone they don't actually live in your house.

My mother owns the property next to me. They are having difficult times and their property is mortgaged. Since it adjoins ours, we plan on buying their property for the cost of the mortgage and letting them live there. (Obviously, it's complicated but we have an attorney working out the paperwork and details).

Technically, we own all the property and they are living on it. We already do a lot of grocery shopping together, but sometimes one of us will go and buy the groceries. We both have cards for shopping at different places and amazon accounts. She's getting rid of hers due to the costs associated with it. Can she go on my card as a member of my household since she lives on our property? Or are we still considered separate?

amazon prime allows up to four additional people on your prime account. it doens't matter where they live. since each person has to pay as they order, that's no biggie. only the prime member gets the video streaming online. packages go wherever you say you want them delivered - that option is always available when an order is placed.

sil was on our family phone plan for awhile - she lives in a different city.

as for costco - it would depend upon what plan you have, but I know my sil has her dd's on her account, but her children no longer live with her. her kids have their own cards. she get's one bill.

I'm not familiar with sam's club, but I would imagine it is much the same.

amazon prime allows up to four additional people on your prime account. it doens't matter where they live. since each person has to pay as they order, that's no biggie. only the prime member gets the video streaming online. packages go wherever you say you want them delivered - that option is always available when an order is placed.

sil was on our family phone plan for awhile - she lives in a different city.

as for costco - it would depend upon what plan you have, but I know my sil has her dd's on her account, but her children no longer live with her. her kids have their own cards. she get's one bill.

I'm not familiar with sam's club, but I would imagine it is much the same.

Actually amazon specifies that sharers have to live in the same household or be coworkers.