Menu

I'm back after week of no computer

Jeannie in NJ

My computer had a virus, it was the FBi Cybercrime virus, McAfee apparently was not strong enough to prevent it. We could not get rid of it. Best Buy Geek Squad wanted $200 to get rid of it. Dh said we could almost buy a new computer for that. So a week went by, we asked everyone we knew for help. Finally, a friend of dh's was able to get rid of the virus . We have new security (Norton) so I am back. Have been reading old texts to see what I missed

Tiramusu, that is exactly how dh's friend got rid of the virus for us.

Gingerh, what would happen is that when I turned computer on it would begin to go to my wallpaper page but before the icons could show up it would immeditely go to the supposed FBI page which filled the entire screen. No tool bars, no start button, no X button, nothing. To close down the computer I had to manually turn it off. Nothing worked, it kept going to this fake FBI page which wanted $300 from me (yea right, the FBI wants $300 from me in order to not come arrest me for supposed crimes I had committed lol).

Tiramusu, that is exactly how dh's friend got rid of the virus for us.

Gingerh, what would happen is that when I turned computer on it would begin to go to my wallpaper page but before the icons could show up it would immeditely go to the supposed FBI page which filled the entire screen. No tool bars, no start button, no X button, nothing. To close down the computer I had to manually turn it off. Nothing worked, it kept going to this fake FBI page which wanted $300 from me (yea right, the FBI wants $300 from me in order to not come arrest me for supposed crimes I had committed lol).

It's pretty freaky, isn't it? And it has a voice to go along, too.