Menu

Fun, cute workbook type ideas for a 7 y/o girl

momsuz123

So my middle dd is struggling some with reading and writing. We are working on it, trust me. But I am getting the sense she wants to some workbooks that are more at her level and well, fun and cute. I am thinking I could have her do a page or two after her calendar notebook.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

explode the code is cute and fun (and fairly cheap!), my son does 2-5 pages a day within a half an hour, depending on focus level. i'm not sure what level you're at, but they start at CVC words in book 1 and move to more complicated things, maybe someone else will be able to direct you to the right level. (we've only done book 1 so far)

So, easy workbooks?

Maybe Lollipop Logic? It's on the easy side for a 7 yo, but it sounds like you want easy.

Tin Man Press also has some cute stuff, but it might be challenging. It depends.

Scholastic ebooks can also have some cute things. How about a math line designs book - where you practice your fact facts and color in the picture?

The Usborne Big Book of Sticker Math is fun and cute. No deep thinking, but math in a very low stress way. It was great for my ds at that age because it was so easy and yet satisfying for some reason. It built up his confidence really fast (because he finished it in no time).

My DC love the Rod and Staff preschool series...They say "preschool", but they are great for 1st graders. You can skip ahead in the series...my 6yo has only done books A and G.

Kumon books have also been a big hit here...very colorful and a variety of subjects!

They've also enjoyed ETC. I just switched my DD over to MCP since it was cheaper (and a bit more colorful). It has more writing than ETC and some letter flashcards that she's been enjoying.