Menu

Your favorite book for diagramming sentences...

Hi all--

I think we're getting plenty of grammar study from our Latin text, I have KISS Grammar for when I'm feeling adventurous, our Writing With Skill course helps with sentence structure and style in the copia exercises, and the dc have already gone through FLL4, SO, I'm just looking for a walk-thru sentence diagramming book to get us through complicated sentences. Just in case we ever want to diagram something from "The Wind in the Willows," or Paul's letter to the Corinthians. :)

Ages of the relevant people needing the text: 12, 15 and 38. :)

Thanks for you input.

I have posted links to some free diagramming worktexts and one very cheap ebook in this thread.

I will add that I have not seen any diagramming text (or grammar text, for that matter, except KISS) which teaches via complicated sentences from real lit. As such, perhaps after you've worked through the free texts, are you feel more confident in your diagramming skills, you should start diagramming the KISS sentences to flex those skills.

I just wanted to add a vote for Rex Barks. I never learned how to diagram, so I've been working through it. It has a great conversational tone and works through the concepts in a logical order. There are a lot of exercises, too, with all the answers in the back.