Menu

A proud mama moment!

Koerarmoca

Today dd14 went to the mall with her cousins and some friends. We met up with them about 2 hours later and we couldn't find part of the group dh went in to check Spencer's and My nephew told me no way was she in there that when everyone went into Spences before dd14 wouldn't go in because her parents have told her "it's not a kids store" So she waited outside the store for everyone to come back out.

I am so proud of her for that, I wouldn't of even questioned her having gone in because I didn't remind her of my feelings about the store prior to her going to the mall (quite frankly forgot the mall even had one)

Many other teens would of just gone in because "mom and dad aren't here" but I'm so glad to know that the values we teach are making it out into the world with her.

What kind of a store is Spencer's? It isn't one I'm familiar with.

It has popular teen clothing/accessory items mostly featuring popular TV characters, cartoons, and bands, but also has a lot of crude and sexually explicit items that are very "in your face" and hard to avoid seeing. I was not allowed in there as a teen either, though I longed for the joke telescoping fork I saw in the window.

It has popular teen clothing/accessory items mostly featuring popular TV characters, cartoons, and bands, but also has a lot of crude and sexually explicit items that are very "in your face" and hard to avoid seeing. I was not allowed in there as a teen either, though I longed for the joke telescoping fork I saw in the window.

Yeah I wish they had a private 21 and up section in the back that way the "teen" stuff could be just for teens. It would make the store a little more pg-13.