Menu

My children are incapable of sitting still

GSOchristie

I am so tired, I had to take Benedryl today because my allergies are going crazy, so I am also sleepy. I juat want my kids to watch a movie, one night, a movie they've never seen. I gave them cookies and popcorn, I let the boys sit in my bed and my daughter on her anywhere chair. Piper licked her cookie until she had chocolate all over her hands then tried to crawl up on my bed, smearing chocolate all over my white duvet cover. My boys are tossing popcorn around and climbing up and down. Piper has been in the chair for a total of 30 unconsecutive seconds. She has dumped popcorn all over the floor because she's crawling around. She has NEVER sat and watched TV for longer than 2 minutes, ever, in her whole life. Sometimes I just want a break, like tonight. You would think they would love it since they so rarely get to do it, but no, they just want to wrestle around and make a mess. I'm whining, I know, I just need her to freaking sit still for 30 minutes until bedtime.

Do you have room for those bouncy balls or large yoga balls? We have a set in our basement and during the winter months my kids (now teens!) still like to go down there and bounce out some energy. We keep the area clear of anything sharp or hard. Hm, I see your youngest is just 2. Probably too young for a bouncy ball. How about a small trampoline?

Other than that...just keep swimming momma! This too shall pass and they will be independent teens before you know it.

:grouphug:

Thank you, they are in bed now, so I am going to sleep. I let them play outside for 3 hours until dinner thinking it would wear them out. Piper bounced on the trampoline for 30 minutes by herself, I have never seen another child who just refuses to sit down and watch TV, period.

I can't take Benedryl for this reason. ... only if I am going to take it and then go straight to bed. *hugs* Your children are still young. My daughter sits still a little better now, but she is 24, but she is also ADHD. Hang in there!