Menu

Good grief! - postage costs

Rhonda in TX

USPS just raised their prices again recently, especially Media Mail. They also do not offer "Parcel Post" anymore and instead offer "Parcel Select" which seems like it is about twice as much as "Parcel Post". t had been really frustrating for me because I find my stuff online and now it costs even more. Plus, no one seems interested in purchasing my books for resale. I don't blame them either as postage is so expensive! This high shipping is something that I have noticed has really affected eBay prices.

On the bright side, Amazon is still the same. They don't do their 4 for 3 promotion anymore but I have noticed that a lot of books are just cheaper. It seems like they took away the 4 for 3 but lowered their prices on those books. For example, one 4 for 3 book I had in my wish list was $9.86 with the 4 for 3. Now it is $7.96. I found one book I needed brand new on Amazon for $3.75 with free shipping!

You really do have to shop around. I hate looking for any item and not seeing the shipping until check out.. only to find it is so ridiculous I cancel the order.

I am ocd about free shipping and love Amazon, Rainbow Resource ($50 is so much better than $250) and Home Works for books has free shipping on every order. I also have a code for CBD now too! I better get some gifts purchased before time is up.

I took 3 boxes of books to a convention for Home Works to buy from me too. I don't have time or $$ to hassle going to the PO and have had some trouble with dh paying way too much out of convenience. I am so thankful to be waiting on a check for the books I took!

Another thing I need to do now is download and print some ebooks for lapbooking and LOE. pdf files are loaded up and my cheap ink just came in!

The major thing about these for me is keeping them safe until we use them. And I am still not sure how to make a book.

My mom blew my mind with the $500 in shipping costs for her inventory... she is a florist.

The major thing about these for me is keeping them safe until we use them. And I am still not sure how to make a book.

I punch the print outs and put them into my kids ring binders. Hubby prefers to put them in between two sheets of letter size cardboard and use binder clips.

I'm considering just selling everything to the local homeschool store. I won't get as much, but I'm really doubting that my stuff will sell online.

Rhonda,

You might have better stuff than I did but I had a giant list of books to sell. I didn't even sell one. But, perhaps your stuff is more in demand than mine. For me, it ended up being really nice that my stuff didn't sell because the post office is 20 minutes away from me and I don't think that I would make much at all counting how much in gas it would take to get me there. Plus, I am massively struggling with morning sickness.