Menu

What do you think about definition-by-social-group?

Laura Corin

After a short time, I've stopped really looking at the list under everyone's name. It just seems like a bunch of clutter.

I'll admit that I have an urge to join random groups, like joining both the Atheists and the Bible Believing Christians, so I can have a nonsensical assortment appear under my name.

The part that's really driving me nuts is having all the posts show up in the "View New Content". Yeesh, that's annoying.

After a short time, I've stopped really looking at the list under everyone's name. It just seems like a bunch of clutter.

I'll admit that I have an urge to join random groups, like joining both the Atheists and the Bible Believing Christians, so I can have a nonsensical assortment appear under my name.

The part that's really driving me nuts is having all the posts show up in the "View New Content". Yeesh, that's annoying.

You're a better person that me. I almost can't read your posts anymore because we are at such opposites end of the spectrum that I know you and I have NOTHING in common and will probably disagree about everything.

You double stick yarn crafters ... I just can't be on the same forum with you!

I crochet.

:)

PS Can a crochet gal join the knitters? We don't have a social group and I like to talk yarn.

PS Can a crochet gal join the knitters? We don't have a social group and I like to talk yarn.

I don't know if the knitting social group even DOES anything. I'd forgotten I was in it. There's a WTM group on Ravelry, and I assumed everyone had migrated over there.

With the new posts from the social group system popping up in "View New Content" we can certainly see which groups are most active. And if you hover over the thread title because you thought the title looked interesting and didn't bother to check the location of the thread, well, :blink: oops, didn't mean to stumble into THAT conversation....

Well, they are gone...that was FAST!

Oh...edited to say I still see the maintenance message (somehow missed that in my early-morning bleariness). So the groups are completely down; but I do hope they fix the sidebar list as part of the maintenance. :)

I can still see discussions going on, so not completely down. But at least the posts look tidier now without all of the groups listed under our avatars.