Menu

INXS funny

I clicked to find out about the accomplishate thread and then sent my sis the link to the youtube video. I told her "Welcome to the 80's"

She replies:

gross! sadly i thought inxs was a recent band lol i ddnt know it was an 8-0s band lol

:D Oh the generational gap and I am not much older than her!!

Poor Michael.. I miss him.

I kissed him once when I was in college. It was after a show and he was beautiful. I was skinny and bold and we had matching hair.

Then I married an army guy with hair that never gets longer than half an inch.:gnorsi:

I kissed him once when I was in college. It was after a show and he was beautiful. I was skinny and bold and we had matching hair.

Then I married an army guy with hair that never gets longer than half an inch.:gnorsi:

Oh!

I was just about to get to meet him, when he died. I miss him, too. Two of the best concerts of my life were INXS club shows.

How was the kiss?

I just cannot get behind this new singer. I am not one to hold on to bands never changing ... but this new guy ... ugh.

And I did get my dh to try out long hair, but on him, it is just better not done :lol:

Oh, now I'm jealous. I miss his voice too. Reminds me of an 80's Jim Morrison. I've been listening to the Kick CD this week. Some 80's music you listen to and wonder why we enjoyed it. INXS is timeless, their lyrics still resonate, and I still remember most of them.

My dh had long hair before I knew him, now I'm just glad he has hair. :lol:

I can't even listen to the new INXS.

With ya on that one.

During our move this month, at one point I was driving the middle of nowhere, Pennsylvania. My XM was broken. My iPod was out of charge. And I could tune in exactly four stations on the radio - three country (I am not a country fan), and one playing "Pretty Vegas."

Not hell, exactly, but I did wonder if I was nearing purgatory :lol:

I somehow missed the accomplishate thread, which is a shame seeing how I am a huge INXS fan.

Oh, what memories I have related to their tunes...

I'm going to search the boards now. :auto:

You can click on the link in my signature, it will take you to the blog entry.

Well at least I know what CD to bring when we all have a WTM get together.

My dd and I had front row seats for INXS two years ago (just after Rockstar:INXS) and we thought JD was great. He was super sweet to dd - holding her hand and singing to her at one point, and winking at her every so often. She got picks from Kirk and Tim, and the floor manager gave her Gary's sweaty wrist band after the show. It was her first concert - and she got the royal treatment. She was so excited the whole time - she'll never forget it. In fact, there were cameras at the concert filming the crowd for Rockstar:SuperNova - so she got to relive the concert weekly as part of the opening montage - don't blink though or you'll miss her!

So needless to say DD loves INXS with JD.

My dd and I had front row seats for INXS two years ago (just after Rockstar:INXS) and we thought JD was great. He was super sweet to dd - holding her hand and singing to her at one point, and winking at her every so often. She got picks from Kirk and Tim, and the floor manager gave her Gary's sweaty wrist band after the show. It was her first concert - and she got the royal treatment. She was so excited the whole time - she'll never forget it. In fact, there were cameras at the concert filming the crowd for Rockstar:SuperNova - so she got to relive the concert weekly as part of the opening montage - don't blink though or you'll miss her!

So needless to say DD loves INXS with JD.

What an awesome experience for her. I'm sure he is wonderful and I should probably cut him some slack. That has to be a hard role to fill.