Menu

Peaches everywhere - Help!

I blanch them and plunge them into icy water to get the skin to release. Cut them in half or slice them and freeze them on a cookie sheet (not touching each other) on some freezer paper. Once they are frozen hard, I use the vacuum sealer and then put them in the deep freezer.

Ladies,

I have never had so many peaches and we are leaving town in a week. Is there a way to cut them and freeze them for cobblers and pies when we return home? I have never frozen peaches. Thanks in advance

ReneeR

Take a look here for some ideas. My mom used to freeze sliced peaches in Ball jars. Nothing yummier in the dead of winter when you feel like you have scurvy!

My bil & sil have a peach orchard, so we usually get a bunch of peaches every summer. Mmmmm! I peel them (like tomatoes, plunge them into boiling water & the skins slip right off - if they're good and ripe), cut them into chunks or slices, sprinkle them with lemon juice and freeze them in ziplock bags. They get a little mushy, but are still good for cobbler (drain them first), jam, smoothies, etc...

:)

I just blanche (to remove the skins), halve, remove pit, and slice. I put mine in gallon-sized freezer bags.

To use for pies, cobblers, crisps, jams, etc..remove from freezer and let thaw until just a bit frozen. You can then break them up easily in a pan on low-medium heat.

Yummy.

I processed tons of peaches last year and viewed numerous Rick Steves travel videos. It made it go much more quickly!

Blessings,

Camy