Menu

What can I cook on my wood burning stove?

NotSoObvious

We have an old, simple, wood burning stove with a flat surface. Our power is out, but I have the stove fan plugged into our small generator. We have a line down on the property, so we'll probably be without power for a few days.

Other than beans in a pot, what can I cook on it? I have pork chops, eggs and bacon, brussel sprouts, and collard greens that need to be eaten in the next few days.

Can I just use my Kirkland stainless steel pots and pans on it??? I don't have any cast iron (but I should get some, I know).

What about tin foil dinners? Is there a way to cook the pork chops in foil? I have good meat thermometer.

You can cook anything on it. I have a Bakers Choice that I cook on all the time. I sometimes use cast iron, stainless and even Paula Deen teflon pans.

You can make toast on the stovetop using a baking sheet.

You can 'bake' biscuits or cornbread on the stovetop by flipping them once one side is set and browned.

I'll answer any questions you have just ask.

Ok, I'm going to just try frying the pork chops in a pan then!

They be fine. I fry bacon & eggs most morning on mine. Tonight we are have hamburger patties & caramelized onions cooked on the top and roasted cauliflower in the oven of my Bakers Choice.