Menu

Carol's Affordable Curriculum for toddlers?

Mama2two

I've used Shirley's Prepackaged Crafts for two of my kids so far. They love that they have activities to do that I only have to add crayons/markers, scissors, or glue to. When dd#3 "graduated" out of the boxes & they started going to ds#1, she was very let down. (I ended up getting her some Literature Pockets - which weren't the same at all, but helped her transition out of SPC without being overly mad at ds#1 for getting to do "her" crafts.) There are also suggestions for further reading and coordinating snack suggestions.

Shirley's is much less academic (only numbers, colors, & shapes are worked on & those only loosely). That is what I was looking for, but others may prefer's Carol's for its more academic approach.

Shirley's is also unabashedly Christian in orientation.

I've used Shirley's Prepackaged Crafts for two of my kids so far. They love that they have activities to do that I only have to add crayons/markers, scissors, or glue to. When dd#3 "graduated" out of the boxes & they started going to ds#1, she was very let down. (I ended up getting her some Literature Pockets - which weren't the same at all, but helped her transition out of SPC without being overly mad at ds#1 for getting to do "her" crafts.) There are also suggestions for further reading and coordinating snack suggestions.

Shirley's is much less academic (only numbers, colors, & shapes are worked on & those only loosely). That is what I was looking for, but others may prefer's Carol's for its more academic approach.

Shirley's is also unabashedly Christian in orientation.

RootAnn what age range would you say the Shirley's craft are meant for? I like that she ties in holidays/seasons

I used Carol's Affordable Curriculum for my youngest when he was four (the one for older children); he really enjoyed it and still talks about some of the activities. I haven't used the curriculum for younger kids; the older one was perfect for my son at his age.

Thank you, I think I will just order one of these and one of the Shrley ones and try it!

Guest Jodi3175

Hi- I use Carol's Affordable Curriculum for my toddlers and my preschool kids. It's fantastic- easy to use and affordable. The toddler curriculum is great because there is no cutting or practice writting- my kids love it. There is a project for them to do everyday of the week. It's really easy to use and comes with everything that I need. I only need to provide glue and crayons. It comes with a lot of extras as well. Menus, recipes, tips and a great instruction book. I have tried many different curriculums in the past and I would have to say that Carol's is the best.

RootAnn what age range would you say the Shirley's craft are meant for? I like that she ties in holidays/seasons

That's a tough question because every kid is at a different level, ya know?

My kids aren't advanced in the slightest -- in fact, some would say they are really "behind" before Kindergarten. It is/was perfect for my 4 - 5 yr old kids. My kids are still learning their colors at 4, learning to write numbers at 4 1/2 - 5, and enjoy cutting, coloring, and pasting at virtually any age. My 3 yr old would be too young for it, but other people have 3 yr olds who already know their numbers, letters, and colors who would be beyond it.

There is sometimes quite a bit of cutting with some of the crafts, so a 3 yr old might be frustrated. (The instructions say to cut it for the kid if they aren't that great at scissors. I've done some of the cutting at the beginning and left some of the simpler/smaller amount of cutting for my very young ones.)

BTW, there are three activities per week (total of 12 per box). You can see the different crafts for April on this page and judge for yourself.

That's a tough question because every kid is at a different level, ya know?

My kids aren't advanced in the slightest -- in fact, some would say they are really "behind" before Kindergarten. It is/was perfect for my 4 - 5 yr old kids. My kids are still learning their colors at 4, learning to write numbers at 4 1/2 - 5, and enjoy cutting, coloring, and pasting at virtually any age. My 3 yr old would be too young for it, but other people have 3 yr olds who already know their numbers, letters, and colors who would be beyond it.

There is sometimes quite a bit of cutting with some of the crafts, so a 3 yr old might be frustrated. (The instructions say to cut it for the kid if they aren't that great at scissors. I've done some of the cutting at the beginning and left some of the simpler/smaller amount of cutting for my very young ones.)

BTW, there are three activities per week (total of 12 per box). You can see the different crafts for April on this page and judge for yourself.

Thank you, that is helpful! I missed that you could see the crafts.

Guest Jodi3175

Carols curriculum also ties in the seasons and holidays. She has christian or non christian curriculum. There is something to do everyday- they also work on colors, numbers, alphabet, science, math, opposites, shapes etc. If you want more info let me know- I can tell you some of the supplies that came in my february curriculum.