Menu

Hake Grammar 5

3peasinapod

Ds writes in a notebook. We does every problem as the author intended and it's not all that much writing. Takes very little time. It pales in comparison to when I had to write out every single word of every chapter in the Warriner's (was that the old standard?) back in the day.

We're saving the text for the younger ds. That is, unless FLL is extended by then. I learned so much from that series.

I just had to mention that my daughter had a weeping fit over Hake today. (She's started to get weepy about a lot of things. :crying: ) She said that there is too much review and she already KNOWS this stuff. I'm not about to switch from Hake because I think it's a very strong curriculum, but I did strike a deal that she could start doing only the odd exercises on odd days and the evens on even days. I told her that if her test scores go down, it's right back to doing every exercise. I do think there is too much review, but I still really like the program.

Tara