Menu

I do not understand ...

shanvan

the new classified board. This has probably been posted before, so sorry, and I hope I'm not breaking any board rules. I don't get the time left business. I just can't seem to adjust to not seeing the date listed instead. I also don't understand why some ads seem to pop up to the top again. Also, are people marking their items 'sold'? I haven't noticed any. I find it very hard to figure out what is newly posted and what isn't ---other than remembering that I've seen certain ads over and over. Is it just me and I'm not very quick to catch on? And, it also seems like there are quite a few unrecognizable sellers--but maybe they are people who changed their names?

I've got several items I'd like to list, but I'm wondering if anyone is even paying attention to the new board. Is it worth it?

Thoughts?

What I miss on the old for sale was the archiving......several times I did a search for a certain item that was listed previously (a year or a few months ago) and if the seller still had it, I bought it and if it was already sold the seller usually would be nice enough to give me the scoop on the item like how they scheduled it, etc

But I am getting used to the new classifies now.

Myra

What I miss on the old for sale was the archiving......several times I did a search for a certain item that was listed previously (a year or a few months ago) and if the seller still had it, I bought it and if it was already sold the seller usually would be nice enough to give me the scoop on the item like how they scheduled it, etc

But I am getting used to the new classifies now.

Myra

Any tips on navigating?

You're welcome to come join the FB group that got its start based on a post here at WTM. There are lots and lots of boardies over there and you have the ability to easily upload photos (they have to go into one of the pre-made categorical albums; that way items are sorted by subject, to help the buyers find what they're looking for.

Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hsucs/

I use the group to point back to WTM -- whenever someone asks a general question about homeschool on the wall (where discussion is not allowed), I link back to these forums.

I approach FB a specific way: I use it solely for the groups I'm in. You could use it just to join the swap group, and ONLY go to that page. I don't get sucked in with status updates, friending/unfriending, putting a lot of information about myself, etc. I know some people are anti-Facebook, but I use it as a tool in a way that works for me (rather than them). Kinda like with my Discover card that gives me cash back on all my usage. I use it a ton, and pay it off as I go, which is not how they hope I'd use it.

When you post an ad now it is good for 30 days, thus the "time left" tells you how long it's been posted. After 30 days it goes dormant and the seller can go into their classifieds area and renew it if it hasn't sold.

Things popping up to the top is no different than when people would "Bump" on the old board. The classifieds section gives you the option to "Push advert" which just means bump it to the top of the list again.

Now you don't have to mark things as sold because you can go into your adverts and "close" them once an item has sold.

Hope this helps a little bit.

When you post an ad now it is good for 30 days, thus the "time left" tells you how long it's been posted. After 30 days it goes dormant and the seller can go into their classifieds area and renew it if it hasn't sold.

Things popping up to the top is no different than when people would "Bump" on the old board. The classifieds section gives you the option to "Push advert" which just means bump it to the top of the list again.

Now you don't have to mark things as sold because you can go into your adverts and "close" them once an item has sold.

Yes, that does help. Thanks! I'm sure i read about the 30 days before, but I forgot about it. I'm still trying to adjust to not seeing when an ad was posted.

Ahhhh...good to know that you can reactiviate your classifiied. But can the rest of us search it like archives?

And I didn't know what to do after I sold items!

Thanks,

Myra