Menu

Bosch Blender

HiddenJewel

I did not think the blender was that great. It seems to need a lot of liquid to work properly. The gasket had to be taken off the bottom to get it really clean, and that was a pain to do. The blender tapers so much at the base that it was also a little inconvenient to clean the bottom. We made do and used it for the years we had the Bosch. Dh and I were both really happy when we sold the Bosch and bought a new blender.

I have the blender. It's the same shape as the Oster blender we used to have; that is, it is very tapered at the bottom. The newer blenders are shaped more like food processors, KWIM? very short and chunky. I expect to have to take the bottom off to clean it; I've always done that, with every blender I owned before the Bosch (there was the Oster, and another before that...I forget the brand).

I use the blender for liquids, such as soups and smoothies, the food processor for "solids" such as humus, mayo, and guacamole, not to mention grating cheese and chopping celery.

Mine is over 20 years old now. I have no complaints.

Thanks for the input. Since I cannot even come close to getting a Blendtec or Vitamix, I think I might just give it a try. I know I need something heavy duty.

I don't know what you want it for, but if you want to spend a little money on something heavy duty, look into a Bamix.

It literally would die every time I used it. It guess it overworked the motor. Strange, because the mixer will beat down a double dough recipe or choc. chip cookies like it's nothing. Not sure which model ninja but it was from Walmart and I believe it was around 100. The ninja takes whatever I throw at it.

Thanks for the input. Since I cannot even come close to getting a Blendtec or Vitamix, I think I might just give it a try. I know I need something heavy duty.

I'm really surprised by how many negative comments there are. :blink: I mean, the actual power for the blender comes from the Bosch base, right? So, how does the blender "die"?

As I said, mine is over 20 years old, and it does everything I ask it to do. Perhaps I'm not asking it to work as hard as some of the others are...

I'm really surprised by how many negative comments there are. :blink: I mean, the actual power for the blender comes from the Bosch base, right? So, how does the blender "die"?

As I said, mine is over 20 years old, and it does everything I ask it to do. Perhaps I'm not asking it to work as hard as some of the others are...

All I've every really made in my blender were smoothies and salsa. I am not sure why the blender was so weak if it's the same motor but it was terrible.

All I've every really made in my blender were smoothies and salsa. I am not sure why the blender was so weak if it's the same motor but it was terrible.

Agreed.

I tried to make a smoothie and tried to ground brown rice. Both killed it. The whole machine wouldn't turn back on for a few minutes. I don't think that was too much to ask of the blender since even my cheap, newlywed, Walmart blender could do that. After the third or fourth time (my husband tried as well) I gave up and bought the ninja.