Menu

What is the name of this??

Lara in Colo

The really great baby crib pee pads that are sort of like oil cloth?

They are thick and heavy and I remember that I had a hard time finding them new since the "other" types were popular then (12 years ago). I am trying to find them for my SIL's upcoming baby, but I don't even know what to call them to do a search.

Any ideas?

Lara

When the kids were younger I bought a long length of thickish fabric at JoAnn that is flannel on both sides, with sort of a rubberized sheet that was in between. It can be cut to any size and shape and the cut edges didn't fray. "Rubberized flannel sheeting" is something that comes up online, although it looks more connected with institutional use and bed wetting.

Erica in OR

When the kids were younger I bought a long length of thickish fabric at JoAnn that is flannel on both sides, with sort of a rubberized sheet that was in between. It can be cut to any size and shape and the cut edges didn't fray. "Rubberized flannel sheeting" is something that comes up online, although it looks more connected with institutional use and bed wetting.

Erica in OR

I called JoAnn and she didn't think they had it (I saw some there 10 yrs ago too).

But.... I googled your description and found this: http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/Rubber-Sheeting-Fabric-Double-Sided-Cotton-Flannel.html

yea!!! I think this is it!!!

Now to find it local.....

Lara

I don't know...... $9 seems sort of cheap. I recall them being MUCH more expensive (I would pay $5 used). I honestly cannot tell without touching it!!

I looked at the picture and don't think it's the same. The ones in the pictures have stitching on the edges. The ones I have don't have any stitching at all, they are so heavy and thick there just isn't any need. In addition, the Amazon description says warm iron if necessary. I can't imagine the ones I'm thinking of ever needing ironing. If you manage to find some, please post as I am looking for some more as well.

Thanks and good luck,

natalie

The really great baby crib pee pads that are sort of like oil cloth?

They are thick and heavy and I remember that I had a hard time finding them new since the "other" types were popular then (12 years ago). I am trying to find them for my SIL's upcoming baby, but I don't even know what to call them to do a search.

Any ideas?

Lara

Are they called lap pads? I don't remember any that were crib-sized though ... maybe like 18" by 12".

These?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002UD660S

I use these on my changing table. They are waterproof but soft and good sized. I think they come in a crib size and a lap size too. I love them.

ETA: I see someone up thread posted them in a different sizes. These do have serged edges but I'm guessing it is just so they look finished. You could cut the fabric without worrying about fraying. I have some smaller "lap sized" ones from my first kid that have 'unfinished' edges. And they definitely don't need to be ironed.