Menu

SSL2, GSWL, or Elementary Greek next year?

Kathryn

Foreign Language Choices  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do for foreign language next year?

• Getting Started With Latin
    • Song School Latin 2
    • Greek Alphabet Code Cracker and Elementary Greek
    • Other

I'm trying to decide where to go with foreign language next year. We are almost done with Song School Latin and DS has really enjoyed it. I have Getting Started With Latin already, and that was my plan for next year, but then I saw that SSL2 is coming out next month. My other option is to go ahead and start with Greek and table Latin for now. We are converting to Orthodoxy and attend a church where half the service is in Greek. I have the Greek Alphabet Code Cracker and thought I could start with that and then move into Elementary Greek. So, those are my choices. What would you do and why?

Why not both?

We do Latin, but last year my 6yo really wanted to learn Greek. I don't want to abandon Latin so we do both. My 6yo is doing "Hey, Andrew Teach Me Some Greek" and my 9yo wanted in so she's doing "Greek Alphabet Code Cracker" for now. For Latin we just keep going through SSL until they are ready for Minimus (our library has the books).

I am doing Latin and Greek next year, too. I plan on doing Sing Song Greek with Greek the Code Cracker. Just curious why you chose another route since your dd really liked SSL. My ds really like SSL and asked if they had a Greek program, so that is why we are doing SS Greek.

Before I knew that SSL #2 was coming out, I was thinking of using Getting Started With Latin AND Minimus. Now, I do not know if we should do SSL#2 or my plan A, so I am glad you are asking :)