Menu

What would you have done...

Joker

if you found a five year old boy (he told me his age) roaming around in a restaurant parking lot near a busy road? Then, he walks beside you into the restaurant and starts to roam. He tells you he's just checking things out and then when you ask him where his parents are he leads you to the hotel next door where his parents are drinking by the pool. Would you have called the police or just walked away thinking they were stupid parents?

This happened tonight and the restaurant manager became involved and just dropped him off at the hotel. I'm second guessing myself in not doing more. I'm also worrying he might have gotten into trouble after we left for getting caught and bringing attention to them.

I also couldn't believe dh and I were the only ones who noticed the unattended five year old playing in traffic and then wondering around a restaurant with a dirty face and two rocks in his hands (he had been digging in the dirt by the road). :huh: It was just a really sucky way to start the weekend and now I keep wondering if I did the right thing.

Guest inoubliable

I would have called the police. But I've had to do that before for a kid who roamed our old neighborhood.

I think you did good by bringing him to the manager! I can't believe that the manager just dropped him off at the hotel. I wonder if this has happened before...

I would have called the police. But I've had to do that before for a kid who roamed our old neighborhood.

I think you did good by bringing him to the manager! I can't believe that the manager just dropped him off at the hotel. I wonder if this has happened before...

:iagree:

If the manager wasn't shocked and appalled, this probably isn't the first time something like this has happened with that family. :(

Ack! I didn't even think about it possibly happening often since they were in a hotel. This isn't making me feel better at all. I'm just hoping it was a one time thing and it scared them enough for it not to happen again. If something like it ever happens to me again, I will probably call the police. Poor little guy.